North Crawford High School
Home of the Trojans
North Crawford High School is part of a PK-12 state-of-the-art facility that sits on 60 acres of land nestled between the ridges of southwestern Wisconsin. We are located between the villages of Soldiers Grove and Gays Mills. We are proud of the variety of opportunities that we provide for our 167 students inside and outside of the classroom.
We offer a number of Advance Placement courses, Distance Education courses, as well as a full array of technical education courses. The educational opportunities we provide our students at North Crawford High School prepare the young men and women for life beyond high school, whether it’s in an educational setting, the military, or entering the work force. We are also fortunate to be able to offer students a variety of co-curricular activities to participate in. We offer athletic programs in volleyball, football, cross country, boys basketball, girls basketball, baseball, softball, and track. We also offer cooperative programs in wrestling, gymnastics, and girls hockey. Students also audition to be a part of the highly-renowned North Crawford Playhouse. The Playhouse puts on a musical each fall, and a play in the spring. They also run a costume rental business through the Playhouse.
We have a proud tradition of high academic achievement, and outstanding co-curricular participation and achievement. Our students consistently score above state and local averages on the WKCE test and ACT tests. We constantly have a high number of students attend post-secondary education. Our athletic teams hold a high number of conference, regional, and sectional championships, as well as several individual and team state qualifiers and champions.
- Relevant and rigorous curriculum that prepares students to be productive citizens
- Variety of courses offered through the Distance Learning Network
- Advanced Placement courses offered to sophomores, juniors, and seniors to prepare students for post-secondary education
- Instrumental and Choral Music programs, including Honors Choir and Honors Band
- Variety of vocational education courses, including business education and tech. ed.
- Physical education program teaching students life-long activities
- Co-curricular academic opportunities, including Student Government, Forensics, High Quiz Bowl, Spanish Club, National Honor Society, and the Youth Leadership Conference
- Variety of extra-curricular athletic programs
- Highly renowned programs performed by the North Crawford Playhouse
- 85% of students Proficient or Advanced in Reading. 76% Proficient or Advanced in Math on the WKCE State Standardized Assessment
- Student work published annually at the Creative Writing Festival in Whitewater, WI
- Students compete in State Math Competition and State Government Competition
- 85% of North Crawford graduates attended post-secondary education
- 2007-08 Seniors received over 50 scholarships from the school, community, and outside resources
- New Wisconsin Promise Award—2006
- 7th highest ACT scores in the State of Wisconsin—2007-08
- America’s Best High Schools 2007—USNews.com
- Highly qualified teachers, including Kohl Fellowship Award Winners, Wisconsin State Teacher of the Year, and Disney Teacher of the Year