6th - 8th Grade
North Crawford Junior High is part of a beautiful, state-of-the-art PreK-12 facility located in rural southwestern Wisconsin. The junior high wing of the school was added on to the existing building in 1996. We are located along State Hwy. 131, between the villages of Soldiers Grove and Gays Mills. The school is bordered by forested ridges, corn fields, and the winding Kickapoo River. Students literally become a part of nature when they walk outside our doors. The junior high curriculum challenges students, holding them accountable for a high level of learning. Our junior high teachers do an excellent job of preparing the seventh and eighth graders for high school, and life beyond. The following is a list of some of the opportunities and accomplishments of our great students and staff at North Crawford Junior High School.
- Manageable class sizes in all academic areas.
- Students receive daily instruction in mathematics, reading, language, science, and social studies.
- Students rotate quarterly through exploratory classes of art, keyboarding, spanish, and tech ed.
- Students can choose electives in choir and/or band.
- At-risk study hall to assist academically at-risk students.
- After school homework program that meets Monday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30 – 5:00.
- Students may be selected to participate in highly renowned North Crawford Playhouse productions.
- Students have the option of participating in extra-curricular athletic programs, including cross country, volleyball, football, basketball, wrestling, and track.
- Our highly qualified staff contains Kohl Fellowship Award Winners, a State Teacher of the Year, and a Disney Teacher of the Year.