Early Childhood through 5th Grade
North Crawford Elementary is part of a beautiful, state-of-the-art PreK-12 facility located in rural southwestern Wisconsin. We are located along State Hwy. 131, between the villages of Soldiers Grove and Gays Mills. The school is bordered by forested ridges, corn fields, and the winding Kickapoo River. Students literally become a part of nature when they walk outside our doors. Students are encouraged to learn stewardship of the land and responsiblilty toward self, school, and community. Through creative instruction of reading, language arts, mathematics, science, art, music, physical education, and technology, our goal is to help students accomplish their personal best, be lifelong learners, and able to have a positive influence on society. The following is a list of some of the opportunities and accomplishments of our great students and staff at North Crawford Elementary School.
- A pre-school screening is held each year in February. This enables the school to learn about our future students. The children's skills and school readiness are assessed.
- Early Childhood Program meets Monday - Thursday, mornings or afternoons. Fridays are teacher outreach hours.
- 4-year-old Kindergarten program that is play-centered and discovery-based learning. The full day program meets Mondays and Wednesdays, or Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Friday being teacher outreach hours.
- SAGE school Kindergarten through 3rd grade. This means we have 18 or less students in each classroom at those grade levels. Average class size in 4th - 6th grade is 17 students.
- Students receive daily instruction in mathematics, reading, language, science, and social studies.
- Students attend music, physical education, library, and developmental guidance classes.
- Students in 5th and 6th grade can begin taking instrumental music.
- Students may receive Title 1 instruction in Reading and Math if they meet qualifications.
- Student audit team that meets quarterly to discuss behavioral and academic progress of all students.
- Champions of Learning group that meets on a monthly basis to build strong communities within the school.
- Comprehensive after school program for all elementary students.
- Students may be selected to participate in highly renowned North Crawford Playhouse productions.
- North Crawford Elementary received the New Wisconsin Promise School award in 2004, 2008, 2011-2013.
- Our highly qualified staff contains Kohl Fellowship Award Winners, a NASA Workshop teacher, and a State Teacher of the Year.