Our new Skyward computer system has some great features for families to keep track of how their student is doing in real time. Once you have logged into Family Access, check out these great features:
Tabs on the Left:
- Any missing assignments will be in red.
- You can scroll over or click on any assignment on the calendar for more information about that assignment.
- Watch the calendar for assignments that are due in the future to help your student stay on track.
- These are the grades your student is earning now. You can click on these grades to show you what assignments the current grade is made up of.
- Anything in blue can be clicked on, including the teacher’s name, which leads you to the teacher’s email.
- You can send messages directly to your child’s teacher from here without an email address; teachers can then respond directly to this message.
- You can check your child’s attendance as it is happening; if there is an attendance event the day will be shaded with a color. Click on that day and find out what the attendance event was.
- This is where you will do attendance notifications to the office as well.
- Check your food service balance here!
- You can set up different email notifications, such as attendance and progress reports to be directly sent to your email address. I would recommend only running progress reports on a weekly basis.
There are other tabs on the left hand side, some of which are not yet up-to-date, such as test scores. We will be continuing to update these features as we go. The features above have been favorites so far. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Day at school.